1. Debate with the Princeton Corporate Finance Club
- GA supported the event format (2-minute opening speeches, then responses to questions given by two professors from opposing sides of the issue) and topic wording, “Who gains and who loses from corporate capitalism and the financial industry? Is the OWS response justified?”
- Occupy Princeton has 3 slots reserved in the debate, but the GA decided that although it supports filling those slots with people affiliated and knowledgeable of Occupy Princeton, those people will only be representing themselves as individuals. Please email Masha (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to participate (as of now it’s first-come first-serve).
2. Occupy Winter Break
- Vahid will organize a teach-in in early February to discuss experiences people had with other Occupy groups.
- GA decided to extend Occupy Winter Break to include Occupy Intercession as well.
- An email discussion on the possible agenda will precede the teach-in. GA agreed that it would be important to share other Occupations’ organizational tactics and how they solve tradeoffs of ensuring democracy and maintaining efficiency in decision-making.
3. “About Us” Page / Mission Statement
- GA decided to extend the discussion via email and Google Docs for at least another week, then conduct an online survey and/or vote at the next GA on the wording.
- Text will be divided into smaller parts so that it is easier to vote on, and then reconstructed into a comprehensive statement.
- Occupy Princeton website will allow commentary on the About Us page.
- GA decided to publish a sticky blog post on the website, which will expand on the meaning of various terms used in the mission statement, such as “99%.” There will be an email discussion and a Google Doc to collaborate on the content of this blog post.
4. Individual Blogs
- Tech & Media Working Group is still in the process of enabling individual blogs on the website. Meanwhile, it was suggested that people write blog posts in the form of “Notes” on our Facebook Page, or simply paste links to existing blogs on the wall.
- GA expressed interest in continuing informal discussions on various topics.
- Tony and Polly agreed to organize a discussion and possible screening of the movie, “Inside Job.”