Occupy Princeton’s General Assembly began with a speech by Chris Hedges, followed by discussions on:
- the Occupy movement and its direction – why we are here and where this movement is heading
- Working Group reports and proposals – our working groups currently include Direct Action, Outreach, Sexual Assault and Technology
- Occupy during the holidays
- Occupy the Streets – updates from the Occupy movement in the Princeton community beyond FitzRandolph Gates
- HEI – discussing our plans to oppose our University’s investment in hotel company HEI (for more information visit http://www.heiworkersrising.org/)
Later in the evening, Chris Hedges, former New York Times reporter and former visiting Princeton professor, hosted a teach-in in the basement of Campus Club where he expanded on some ideas presented at the GA, including environmental justice, economic equality, and the special privilege (and responsibility) of Princeton students to access institutions of power such as Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan.
Videos of the GA and teach-in will be posted soon.